The Utrecht University Postdoctoral Research Fellowship 2022 is currently open for suitably qualified applicants to apply.
The fellowship offers successful fellows the sum of $22,569.26 per annum for a period of one year and it’s renewable for a total of up to two years if you’re making substantial progress.
Host Country: Netherlands
Study Abroad: Study in Europe
Eligible Countries: All Countries
Reward: $22,569 grant per year
Deadline: June 10, 2022
Two adequately qualified individuals are invited to apply for these one-year renewable Postdoctoral Research Fellowships from the ACC (renewable for up to a total of two years, depending on satisfactory progress). There are two opportunities available.
At ACC, the successful applicants will join the Urban Policy Research Chair. Aside from their own postdoctoral research, the successful applicant will be expected to contribute to the project in one of two areas:
- Conduct case study research to uncover emerging pockets of urban development innovation in African cities that, when combined, could assist to generate an imaginary of alternate futures for African cities.
- In collaboration with various urban and city networks and important stakeholders who define Africa’s urban governance environment, conduct an examination of the critical ‘agents of change’ for this new approach to urban Futures.
The successful applicant will be expected to share their work in internal and public forums, engage with colleagues in relation to at least one of our existing areas of work, and mentor ACC’s postgraduate student cohort as part of Urban Futures Studio and ACC’s intellectual and institutional enterprise.
Utrecht University Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Duration and Benefits
The successful applicant will be given maintenance stipend (based on the minimum stipend defined by UKRI, currently £16,062 for the academic year 2022/23) and home MPhil/PhD tuition fees (£4,596) for a maximum of three years.
Eligibility Criteria for Utrecht University Postdoctoral Research Fellowship
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for Utrecht University Postdoctoral Research Fellowship:
- Within the last five years, applicants should have completed a doctoral degree in a topic linked to urban studies (e.g. Urban Planning, Urban Studies, Urban Geography, and related fields).
- Applicants must not have previously held a full-time permanent professional or academic position.
- Due to the Lab’s pan-African focus, applicants must have comprehensive knowledge of cities in at least two separate UN-defined sub-regions of Africa (Southern Africa, East Africa, Middle Africa, West Africa, and Northern Africa), as well as a track record of relevant research and publication.
- The ability to communicate in English is required, and the ability to communicate in French will be advantageous.
- The successful candidate must adhere to the University’s authorized rules, procedures, and practices for the position.
Utrecht University Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Duration and Reward
- The fellowships are valued at R350,000 ($22,569.26) per annum and are tenable for one year, renewable for a total of up to two years subject to satisfactory progress. There are no other benefits.
- The fellowships are compliant with the SARS policies/rules and are therefore exempt from taxation.
Requirements For Utrecht University Postdoctoral Research Fellowship
Candidates must be ready to submit the following documents during application:
- A cover letter outlining your qualifications, research interests, experience (especially in urban research in at least two African sub-regions), and motivation for this position;
- A two-page concept note on the primary sustainability difficulties that African cities face, along with some suggestions for how to use futuring to address those challenges;
- A curriculum vitae (CV) that includes a list of publications and scholarly work;
- a set of copies of your academic transcripts; a set of copies of your academic transcripts
- At least two academics who have taught, supervised, or worked alongside you, with their names and contact information.
To apply and know more about Utrecht University Postdoctoral Research Fellowship, please visit the official website:
Visit HERE to check out many more Fellowships opportunities.
This is NOT the official scholarship page. This is only a listing site of the scholarship. While we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, information may change at any time without notice. For completeness and updated information, always refer to the official website of the scholarship provider. Any reliance you place on information from amasolontv.com is strictly at your own risk. Please read our Terms and Conditions for more information.
Copyright © 2022 Author(s) retain the copyright of this article.This article is published under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License 4.0