The 87-credit-hour Marian University CRNA program gives RNs the critical care expertise they need to deliver anesthesia to patients of all ages and from a variety of communities in all anesthetic settings.
The high-fidelity anesthesia simulation lab will be used for education and training in addition to didactic and clinical experiences.
Under the Marian University CRNA program, all types of anesthetic care are taught clinically by experienced anesthesiologists and certified registered nurse anesthetists (CRNAs).
With one cohort accepted yearly, the Marian University CRNA program is a 36-month full-time option.
34 students are in each class each year.
Also Read: The Best Criminal Justice Careers
Marian University CRNA Accreditation
Accrediting the Marian University CRNA Program is the Commission on College Nursing Education (CCNE) and the Council on Accreditation for Nurse Anesthesia Programs (COA).
- “Rosemont, Illinois 60018-5603 Council on Accreditation for Nurse Anesthesia Programs (COA) 10275 West Higgins Road, Suite 906
- Phone number: 224-275-9130.
- Website: coacrna.org
Only Bachelor of Science in Nursing students who meet all admission requirements each year from programs authorized by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), Commission for Nursing Education Accreditation (CNEA), or “CCNE” are accepted into the Marian University CRNA program.
The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education has accredited Marian University’s Leighton School of Nursing’s bachelor nursing program and doctor of nursing practice program.
As a recognized institution of higher learning in the state of Indiana, Marian University is specifically named in the statutes as having authorization. complete adherence to government regulations.
Also Read: Top 20 Data Science Schools
Marian University CRNA Admission Requirements
These are the entry requirements for the Marian University CRNA program:
- A BSN from a program that is recognized by ACEN, CNEA, or CCNE
- A minimum 3.0/4 GPA in your undergraduate studies a current, active RN licensure
- Current CV or resume
- A 500-word essay outlining your professional aspirations
- Three letters of recommendation from professors or other authorities in the field. A supervisor of critical care must write one of the letters.
- Form for Clinical Observations
- The admissions committee’s interview
- One year of critical care experience, preferably in a level I or level II trauma facility.
- CCRN Credentials
- Through the graduate admissions application portal, applications are accepted.
- After the application is submitted, additional application instructions will be sent.
- Letters of recommendation can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by the recommenders, or the applicant can start the recommendation form from the application page. (It is best to use the latter.)
- The person being shadowed or the applicant may submit the clinical observation form.
- Electronic transmissions of official transcripts should be made to email@example.com.
- By October 31, 2022, the Office of Graduate Admission must have received a fully completed application and all necessary paperwork. For consideration in an interview, applications will be examined.
- By the second week of December 2022, final decisions will be communicated.
Application Procedures for Marian University CRNA Program
To apply for the Marian University CRNA program, follow these steps:
1. Use the application gateway to create an account.
2. Type in your contact details.
3. Select the following under “Enrollment information,”
- Students seeking for a DNP or EdD should select that option in the “Choose Doctorate” area.
- Select Nurse Anesthesia – DNP in the field labeled “My chosen area of study is”
- In the “I plan to start classes” area, select Summer.
- Click on the “Go to step 2” prompt.
- To access the application, confirm the program selection and then click “Next.”
4. Fill out and send the application.
5. Visit the directions tab in the admissions portal to send supporting documents.
6. The recommenders must send letters of recommendation and clinical observation forms to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Authentic transcripts: Send electronic submissions to: email@example.com.
8. Postal mail should be addressed to Marian University’s Office of Graduate Admission at 3200 Cold Spring Road, Indianapolis, IN 46222.
Prior to enrolling in the program, a graduate-level statistics course is necessary. During the fall and spring semesters, Marian University offers the online course BMS 511 Biostatistics. Apply as a non-degree pursuing graduate student to enroll in this course.
How to Sign Up for Biostatistics, BMS 511:
- Use the application gateway to create an account.
- Type in your contact details.
- Select the following under “Enrollment information,”:
- When filling out the “I intend to enroll as a __ student” section, select Doctorate – Biostatistics Course (for DNP students).
- For the “I plan to start classes” field, select Spring or Fall.
- “Go to step 2” should be clicked.
- To access the application, confirm the program selection and then click “Next.”
- Fill out and send the application.
You will get an email outlining the enrolling process after you are accepted. Please email Graduate Admissions with any inquiries you may have at GRadmissions@marian.edu.
Marian University CRNA Program Tuition Fees
|AANA Associate Member Fee||Once||Program Pays|
|APEX Anesthesia Review Program||3-Year Subscription||Program Pays|
|Medatrax Monthly Fee||Semesters 4-9||Program Pays|
|SEE Fee||May of Senior Year||Program Pays|
Marian University CRNA Curriculum
The CRNA Program is a total of 87 credit hours.
|NSG 502||Theoretical Foundations of Nursing Practice||3|
|NSG 503||Advanced Physiology and Pathophysiology||3|
|NSG 601||Neurobiology / Neuroanatomy||3|
|NSG 506||Advanced Health Assessment Across the Lifespan||3|
|NSG 507||Nursing Research||3|
|NSG 603||Advanced Pharmacology for NA 1||3|
|NSG 605||Scientific Concepts for Anesthesia Practice||4|
|NSG 607||Anesthesia Principles I||3|
|NSG 607-S||Anesthesia Principles I Simulation||1|
|NSG 609||Advanced Pharmacology for NA 2||3|
|NSG 701||Analytical Methods for the Translation of Evidence into Practice||3|
|NSG 705||Information Management to Improve Healthcare||3|
Anesthesia Principles II
|NSG 611-S||Anesthesia Principles II Simulation||1|
|NSG 615||Anesthesia Seminar 1 (Wellness, Chemical Dependency)||2|
|NSG 661||Basic Clinical Anesthesia Practice I||3|
|NSG 702||Program and Systems Planning for Quality Improvement||3|
Policy, Organization and Finance of Health Care
|NSG 613||Anesthesia Principles III||1|
|NSG 613-S||Anesthesia Principles III Simulation||3|
|NSG 663||Clinical Anesthesia Practice II||3|
|NSG 706||DNP Project 1 – Assessment||1|
Anesthesia Seminar 2 (Professional Aspects)
|NSG 665||Clinical Anesthesia Principles III||3|
|NSG 704||Professional Leadership and Collaboration||3|
|NSG 707||DNP 2 – Implementation and Evaluation||1|
Nurse Anesthesia Clinical Immersion 1
|NSG 708||DNP 3 Project-Dissemination||1|
Nurse Anesthesia Clinical Immersion 2
|NSG 619||Anesthesia Seminar 3 (Business of Anesthesia)||2|
Nurse Anesthesia Clinical Immersion 3
|NSG 670-S||Anesthesia Crisis Management||2|
FAQs about Marian University CRNA
What CRNA program is the shortest?
Two years. How long is the CRNA program? 80 percent or more of nurse anesthetist programs last 36 months. 24 months is the shortest. All nurse anesthesia programs will be at least 36 months long once they have all switched over to the DNP.
Do you have a job while pursuing a CRNA degree?
However, the lengthy duration of a nurse anesthesia program will prevent the majority of SRNAs from working while they are in school.
Is a CRNA degree difficult?
CRNA school is quite challenging, but it is possible for those who are committed to becoming CRNAs. Given that it is a graduate-level school, the CRNA program is quite rigorous. In CRNA school, students have a ton of information to retain.
CRNAs don white jackets, right?
LCRNAs don white jackets, right? They do. Due to the similarity of their white jackets, they are occasionally even mistaken for doctors or medical students.
TOP PICKS FOR YOU: