Applications for the 2022 Government of Canada Vanier Graduate Scholarships are now open to qualified local and international students who are interested.
Successful candidates for the Vanier Graduate Scholarships from the Government of Canada get $50,000 grants each year for three years to pursue research in prestigious Canadian institutions.
Studying in Canada offers you the chance to attend top-tier universities as well as the chance to apply for permanent residency once you have finished your studies.
Host Country : Government of Canada
Study Abroad: Study In Canada
Eligible Countries: All Countries
Reward: $50,000 Grant Per Year
Deadline: November 1, 2022
Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts Click here
The Vanier CGS program attracts top graduate students by supporting students who demonstrate both leadership qualities and high standards of academic performance in graduate studies in social sciences, humanities, natural sciences, and / or engineering. The purpose is to maintain Health Sciences.
The Vanier Canada Graduate School Scholarship (Vani CGS) program, named after Maj. Gen. Georges P. Vanier, Canada’s first French-speaking governor, helps Canadian institutions attract quality graduate students.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to get Scholarship alerts
Government of Canada Vanier Graduate Scholarships Eligibility Requirements:
If you want to apply for Government of Canada Vanier Graduate Scholarships, students must
- Be nominated by the institution they want to study
- Meet the following criteria
- Academic excellence
- Research potential
- Leadership (potential and proven ability)
Here are some of my recommendations for reviewing.
Many other scholarships are obtainable in the United States, Australia, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, and Canada, giving full scholarships and monthly stipends.
Government of Canada Vanier Graduate Scholarships Duration and Benefit Cover
Scholarship offers include:
- The scholarship is worth $ 50,000 a year for three years (non-renewable).
Grants are evenly distributed among the three federal granting agencies:
- Canadian Institute of Health (CIHR)
- Science and Technology Research Council (NSERC)
- Council of Social Sciences and Humanities Research (SSHRC)
Required Documents for Government of Canada Vanier Graduate Scholarships
To apply, the candidate must be prepared to submit the following documents:
- ResearchNet Application Form (includes two letters of recommendation, each consisting of three sections)
- CCV (Entry is restricted, see Completing a Common Resume (CCV) for more information)
- Research contribution (up to 1 page)
- Personal Leadership Statement (up to 2 pages for English applications, up to 2.5 pages for French applications)
- Special circumstances (up to 0.5 pages, optional)
- 2 certificates of good deeds (up to 2 pages)
- Research proposal (up to 2 pages for English applications, up to 2.5 pages for French applications)
- Project reference (up to 5 pages)
Government of Canada Vanier Graduate Merit Award Application Procedure
Click on the button below to commence your application if you’re interested and qualified.
Candidates must be recommended by the educational institution they wish to study abroad.
Candidates cannot apply directly to the Vanier Canada Graduate School Scholarship (Vanier CGS) program.
- Step 1: Search for a Canadian institution on the Canadian University website and start your application. We encourage you to browse the websites of each university and conduct a thorough survey of the areas in which you would like to obtain a PhD and the supervisors of the proposed research.
- Step 2: See the Vanier CGS Quotas page to verify that the institution you are interested in has a year assignment to apply for.
The application is initiated in two ways. Also:
- Students will notify the graduate faculty of the institution of their intention to apply for the Vanier CGS program.
- The institution will contact the desired candidate to begin the nomination process.
- The application form is prepared by the student and submitted to the nomination agency by the internal deadline (set by the nomination agency of ResearchNet) using the ResearchNet application system.
- The nominating body carries out an internal candidate selection process.
- The Nominating Authority shall transfer the recommended nominations to the Banier Banding Secretariat (Secretariat) by November 1, 2022 (8 pm Eastern Standard Time).
- The secretariat will coordinate the review process. The Secretariat will make recommendations to the Steering Committee of the Tri-Agency Program (TAP).
- The TAP Steering Committee approves and approves the final decision on the Vanier CGS program. Nominated candidates will be notified of the results of the contest in April 2023.
- Each student can only be nominated once per competition. If multiple institutions are interested in recommending individual students to Vanier CGS, students will need to select one institution to submit their recommendations.
- Multiple entries will not be accepted. If the application is not selected for recommendation by the Secretariat, the institution is responsible for notifying the candidate. The timing of this notification may vary by institution.
- Students should contact the university itself with advice and questions regarding the selection of the appropriate federal funding agency, the search for the appropriate contacts within the faculty / faculty, and the content and optimal presentation of the application’s information.
To apply and know more about Government of Canada Vanier Graduate Scholarships, please visit the official website:
Deadline: November 1, 2022
Visit HERE to check out many more scholarships opportunities.
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it using the share buttons below!
Copyright © 2022 Author(s) retain the copyright of this article. This article is published under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License 4.0