The DAAD Scholarship for African Students is now accepting applications from eligible Africans interested in pursuing a postgraduate degree at one of Germany’s universities.
The scholarship is a fully-funded prize that includes a tuition remission, an annual stipend of €10332, and a monthly rent subsidy for eligible candidates.
A monthly payment for accompanying family members (spouse and/or children) is included in the scholarship, as well as yearly study and travel allowances. During the first year of the program, successful candidates will have the option to learn German for free.
Host Country: Germany
Study Abroad: Study in Europe
Eligible Countries: 5 African Countries
Reward: Full Scholarship
Deadline: June 30, 2022
The African Leadership (LfA) Scholarship Program aims to support the academic background and promotion of young refugees and national scientists from Cameroon, Ghana, Cote d’Ivoire, Niger and Senegal at German universities.
In the event of conflicts and evacuation in various African countries, this program aims to contribute to the training of future leaders who are essential to the further development of their home countries. The Leadership for Africa awards German master’s degree scholarships to qualified applicants in all fields of study except medicine, veterinary medicine, dentistry, law, arts and architecture.
All African Leadership Fellows benefit from complementary training programs in good governance, civil society, and career development. In addition to normal learning, you need to complete the compulsory program.
DAAD Scholarship for African Students Duration and Benefit Covers:
The Scholarship covers the following:
- If required: A pre-study German language course (2, 4, or 6 months), including payment of a German certificate (TestDaF or DSH exam), pocket money, and accommodation.
- Additional compulsory training LEAD!
- € 861 monthly scholarship installments (10,332 per year)
- Sufficient health insurance, accident insurance and personal liability insurance in Germany
- Travel allowance
- Annual tuition subsidy
- Monthly rent and monthly subsidies for families (spouse and / or children) traveling with you, if applicable
Several fully-funded scholarships are available in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Japan, and France. Here is a list for you to check out;
YOU MAY LIKE:
DAAD Scholarship for African Students Eligibility
Before you apply for DAAD Scholarship for African Students you must:
- At the time of application, you must have a bachelor’s degree to obtain a master’s degree from a German state university.
- You have at least a bachelor’s degree from the second form of high school
This program targets two groups:
1) A highly qualified refugee who holds a refugee status and meets the qualifications required to obtain a master’s degree in Germany.
- Applicants must meet the following conditions. Status of
- refugees in the host country granted prior to April 18, 2022
- The country of asylum must be either Cameroon, Ghana, Côte d’Ivoire, Niger, or Senegal.
- Bachelor’s degree upon application
2) Outstanding graduates of Cameroon, Ghana, Côte d’Ivoire, Niger, or Senegal who meet the requirements for a master’s degree in Germany.Applicants must meet the following conditions.
- Citizenship in Cameroon, Ghana, Côte d’Ivoire, Niger, or Senegal
- The country of residence is Cameroon, Ghana, Côte d’Ivoire, Niger, or Senegal.
- Obtained a bachelor’s degree at the time of application
Required Documents for the DAAD Scholarship for African Students
- Completed online DAAD application form (available on the DAAD portal)
- A resume (up to 3 pages) with information about your previous education, previous scholarships, current address, and current or previous employer. (Use the European model form at https://europa.eu/europass/en)
- A motivational letter (page 13) with an accurate explanation of the professional and personal reasons for the planned research project. Also note important information about Scholarship / Section B, Point 1.
- The DAAD form “Program Profile” has been completed (shown the three master’s programs). Please note that the DAAD does not consider proposals for master’s programs that require tuition fees. This should be taken into account when deciding on a master’s degree. Also note the information about filling out the Program Profile form.
- Evidence of language skills required for the desired master’s degree. Also read Important Information for Scholarship Applicants / Section A, Item 9.
- University degree certificate including final grades, including copies of records for all grades, including all individual grades, including a description of the grade evaluation system
- A copy of your passport / ID and a copy of your passport / ID, as well as other documents containing information about you and your current status of residence.
- For refugees: UNHCR registration or official proof of asylum
- Other documents that may be relevant to your application (eg employment certificate and / or internship certificate, evidence of previous scholarships, extracurricular activities, testimonials, letters of recommendation, to Germans (Expired) Permitted Master’s Program)
DAAD Scholarship for African Students Application Method
Please submit the application form from the DAAD portal. Applications submitted to other channels or other authorities will not be considered.
The DAAD portal closes at midnight. Central European Time (CET) on the last application date. Incomplete applications cannot be considered. The applicant is responsible for ensuring that the application is complete.
Pre-selection will be made based on the submitted application documents. Pre-selected candidates are invited to a (digital) interview with an independent selection committee consisting of university faculty members.
In addition to school and university grades, language proficiency, and general motivation, the main selection criteria are convincing explanations of the learning courses planned in Germany and courses in the DAAD format. It’s a good choice.
If interested, click on the button below to commence your application.
To apply and know more about Monash International DAAD Scholarship for African Students, please visit the official website:
Deadline: June 30, 2022
Visit HERE to check out many more scholarships opportunities.
This is NOT the official scholarship page. This is only a listing site of the scholarship. While we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, information may change at any time without notice. For completeness and updated information, always refer to the official website of the scholarship provider. Any reliance you place on information from amasolontv.com is strictly at your own risk. Please read our Terms and Conditions for more information.
Copyright © 2022 Author(s) retain the copyright of this article.This article is published under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License 4.0