The Commonwealth Professional Fellowships provide professional researchers with a fully financed opportunity, including a £2,197 monthly salary and round-trip travel from the fellow’s home country to the UK.
Professional fellowships are currently being offered by the Commonwealth to competent applicants from developing nations
Successful applicants will additionally get the usual visa application fee, as well as an arrival allowance of up to £972.59
Host: Commonwealth, UK
Study Abroad: Study In UK
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
Reward: Full Scholarship
- £2,197 per month
- £973 Relocation Stipends
- Airfare Ticket
- Visa fees
Deadline: Not Specified
Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts Click here
Commonwealth Professional Fellowships are designed for middle-class professionals in low- and middle-income countries to spend a period of time with UK host agencies working in their departments for professional development programs.
This program aims to give professionals the opportunity to improve their knowledge and skills in their respective fields and to have a catalytic effect on their work.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to get Scholarship alerts
Commonwealth Professional Fellowships Eligibility Requirements:
To be eligible for the Commonwealth Professional Fellowships, You must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- Have at least five years’ full-time, or equivalent part-time, relevant work experience, in a profession related to the subject of the Fellowship programme, by the proposed start of the fellowship – voluntary work experience will not be counted towards this minimum
- Be in employment at the time of application at an organisation that they will return to upon completion of the Fellowship
- If nominated for a Professional Fellowship, prospective Fellows will be required to provide at least two references, (one of which must be from their current employer). Prospective Fellows will be contacted directly by the CSC if required to submit references. The Host organisation Fellows are applying to might also contact them to request a reference when considering their application
- Not have undertaken a Commonwealth Professional Fellowship within the last five years (at the time of taking up the award)
- Not be seeking to undertake an academic programme of research or study. Academics are eligible to apply for the scheme, but only to undertake programmes of academic management, not research or courses relevant to their research subject
- Be available to start and complete their fellowship within prescribed dates
In addition to the above, prospective fellows must ensure they meet any eligibility criteria set out by each individual host organisation.
Here are some of my recommendations for reviewing.
Many other scholarships are obtainable in the United States, Australia, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, and Canada, giving full scholarships and monthly stipends.
Commonwealth Professional Fellowships Duration and Benefit Cover
Each grant includes:
- Approved round-trip airfare from the recipient’s home country to the United Kingdom
- Refund of standard visa application fee
- Versary paid monthly (or proportionally) for the duration of the £ 1,782 / month or £ 2,197 / month (2021/22 level rate) award for organizations in the London metropolitan area.
- If the grantee reports a disability, the CSC will provide a complete assessment of the need and eligibility for additional financial assistance. For more information, please refer to the CSC Disability Support Statement.
- Arrive up to £ 972.59 (price at 2021/22 level) including warm clothing items Grant
- For clean energy, aviation and marine programs, attend the event with a travel grant of £ 1,000 per grantee Promote (host organization)
- Recipients may agree to a maximum of £ 3,000 per grantee for short courses / conferences and trips to other UK organizations, provided they form an integral part of the program. Recipients should consider the restrictions outlined in the Guidelines for Refundable Costs.
To apply, the candidate must be prepared to submit the following documents:
- List of all undergraduate and graduate university degrees obtained (if applicable)
- List up to 10 publications and awards (if applicable)
- Provide details of your work history and explain how each job relates to the program you want to pursue in the UK (up to 100 words per job).
- Please submit a statement about the relevance of your previous work experience to the proposed fellowship (up to 300 words).
- Kindly provide a development impact statement in four parts.
Commonwealth Professional Fellowships Application Procedure
All fellowships in this round will be tenable for three months from 22nd February 2023.
Click the Apply button below to enter the Internship page you want to apply.
To apply and know more about Commonwealth Professional Fellowships, please visit the official website:
Deadline: Not Specified
Visit HERE to check out many more scholarships opportunities.
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it using the share buttons below!
Copyright © 2022 Author(s) retain the copyright of this article. This article is published under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License 4.0