The Aalto University Postgraduate Scholarships are now available for suitable applicants interested in studying in Finland.
Aalto University’s scholarships are completely financed, including full tuition waivers and an average yearly stipend of €30,480, as well as additional exceptional learning and development opportunities.
Finland is an excellent place to live, whether with or without family, because it is a safe, politically stable, and well-organized Nordic nation. Finland routinely ranks high in terms of quality of life and was recently named the world’s happiest country.
Host Country: Finland
Study Abroad: Study in Europe
Eligible Countries: All Countries
Reward: Full Scholarship
- Tuition waiver
- €30,480 Annual Stipend
Deadline: Varies by Programme
Aalto University, Finland invites online Application for number of Fully Funded PhD Degree at various Departments as follows;
In this position he will work on the recently launched WATERWOOD project funded by the Academy of Finland. We will develop advanced techniques to clarify the relationship between water absorption and the mechanical behavior of wood and modified wood. These techniques reveal the interaction of wood and water on various length scales, from nanoscale to macroscopic levels of wood.
Develop data science and machine learning approaches for spectroscopy, especially infrared spectroscopy for in-situ characterization. To train a machine learning model, use electronic structure theory to generate a dataset. Manage large-scale supercomputer simulations with AI algorithms and data analysis tools and discuss the results with experimental collaborators.
Successful candidates will complete a dissertation on the effects of major ionic species (hydrogen vs. helium) on tokamak divertor plasma separation within four years of a PhD at the University of Aart, with the aim of completing a dissertation in boundary plasma physics. Get trained. Candidates are trained to run plasma edge codes such as SOLPSITER and EIRENE to interpret data from ASDEX upgrades and JET tokamak. As a team member, candidates will participate in ASDEX upgrades and JET experiments, data mining and analysis of past and ongoing experiments, and running plasma simulations.
As a PhD student, we design, manufacture, and characterize quantum devices for van der Waals / 2D materials using state-of-the-art micro and nanofabrication equipment in-house. Quantum transport studies are carried out in high magnetic fields and temperatures below 10 mK. In his dissertation, microwave spectroscopy is being developed to study the quantum mechanics of anyon.
The motivation for the research is to develop a technology platform for quasiparticles in the nascent stage with a designer quantum material platform formed at low temperature. Van der Waals materials can be easily combined in vertical heterostructures, providing an excellent platform for constructing elusive quantum states of matter.
The selected candidate will work under the supervision of Professor Weiwei Lin, in collaboration with the current postdoctoral and doctoral students of the Bridge Engineering group. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to collaborate with world-class researchers and attend scientific seminars and meetings.
Aalto University Postgraduate Scholarships Duration and Benefits
- The expected start date is September 2022, and he will be employed as a full-time employee.
- The starting salary is 2,540 euros per month and will increase over time to more than 3,100 euros per month depending on responsibilities and performance.
- Aalto University offers excellent learning and development opportunities, competitive commuting tickets, and Unisport offers a range of coaching services with employee discounts.
Eligibility Criteria for Aalto University Postgraduate Scholarships
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for Aalto University Postgraduate Scholarships:
- You must have an MSc degree relevant to the scholarship
- You need to be highly motivated and disciplined
- You must meet the eligibility criteria of each position.
- Apply before the scholarship deadline
- Have the ability to interact with other international research community with the English language
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication, including presentation skills.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Letter of motivation (max. one page)
- Copy of M.Sc. degree and English version of transcript of completed M.Sc. courses
- CV (max. two pages), including references
- List of publications, if applicable
- Contact details of two academic advisors
- Degree certificate (with translation into English if needed)
- Link to electronic copy of Master’s thesis
- English language proficiency proof, as specified in the Admission Requirements
Application Procedures For Aalto University Postgraduate Scholarships
- Interested and qualified candidates are to click on the button below to their respective positions using the buttons below.
To apply and know more about Aalto University Postgraduate Scholarships, please visit the official website:
Deadline: Varies by Programme
Visit HERE to check out many more Postgraduate opportunities.
This is NOT the official scholarship page. This is only a listing site of the scholarship. While we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, information may change at any time without notice. For completeness and updated information, always refer to the official website of the scholarship provider. Any reliance you place on information from amasolontv.com is strictly at your own risk. Please read our Terms and Conditions for more information.
Copyright © 2022 Author(s) retain the copyright of this article.This article is published under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License 4.0