International students can still apply for the Japan Society for Promotion of Science Scholarship for 2022.
Promising scientists from Asia and Africa who want to earn their Ph.D.s from Japanese universities can apply for the Japan Society for Promotion of Science Scholarship, which gives them with tutorial assistance and financial support totaling $26,504 (JPY3,600,000).
The awards include a wide spectrum of innovative and creative research in the humanities, social sciences, and scientific sciences, ranging from basic to applied domains.
Host Country : Japan
Study Abroad: Study In Asia
Eligible Countries: Africa and Asia
Reward: $26,504 (JPY3.6m) Grant
Deadline: August 15, 2022
Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts Click here
The Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) has been implementing the RONPAKU (Dissertation PhD) program since 1978.
The purpose of the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (Dissertation PhD) program is to provide tutoring and financial support to promising researchers in Asia, Africa and certain other countries with PhDs. For people who graduated from a Japanese university by submitting a dissertation without going on to a doctoral course.
The fellows participating in the program (RONPAKU Fellows) must conduct dissertation research under the joint supervision of a Japanese academic advisor and an academic advisor in their home country, and will obtain a doctoral degree within a maximum of three years.
Fellows of RONPAKU must attend a Japanese university in order to conduct research in Japan under the direct supervision of their academic advisor. Advisors can visit universities and research institutes in Ronpaku’s home country as needed to supervise their research with their home country advisors.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to get Scholarship alerts
2022 Japan Society for Promotion of Science Eligibility Requirements:
To be eligible for the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science grant, the following conditions must be met. You must be –
- be a researcher who;
- do not have a PhD from a university
- want to submit a dissertation and get a PhD from a Japanese university
- Already completed important research, may succeed in obtaining a PhD through dissertation research within the program, nominated by a home advisor, and the president of the university / research institution to which he belongs,
- a national of a qualified country.
- employed full-time in a university or research institution that is in his or her own country or is appointed to such a position by April 1, 2023, and
- is under the age of 45 on April 1, 2023.
Here are some of my recommendations for reviewing.
Many other scholarships are obtainable in the United States, Australia, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, and Canada, giving full scholarships and monthly stipends.
2022 Japan Society for Promotion of Science Scholarship Duration and Benefit Cover
- The scholarship period is up to 3 years from April 1, 2023.
- Total funding for host universities in Japan
- Up to 3.6 million yen (up to 1.2 million yen per year)
- The above funds can cover the following costs.
- Travel expenses (RONPAKU fellowship visit, consultant visit), materials, other dissertation related expenses.
- The Japan Society for the Promotion of Science concludes a contract with a Japanese host organization and entrusts the operation of the RONPAKU program.
- This program is managed based on an annual budget paid and executed in each fiscal year in Japan (April 1st to March 31st).
Japan Society for Promotion of Science Scholarship Program Application Procedure
Applications for this program will be accepted through the JSPS electronic application system. Only applications submitted by the applicant’s related parties (Japanese consultants) along with the required documents (see below) by the deadline will be accepted.
(Applicants, candidates, and individual applications by mail are not accepted.) For information on how to use the system, see the Electronic Application System Guide.
Interested and qualified candidates should click the button below to start the application.
To apply and know more about 2022 Japan Society for Promotion of Science Scholarship, please visit the official website:
Deadline: August 15, 2022
Visit HERE to check out many more scholarships opportunities.
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it using the share buttons below!
Copyright © 2022 Author(s) retain the copyright of this article. This article is published under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License 4.0