15 Best Free Online Universities 2022. Prospective students and their families worry about being able to finance higher education as university tuition fees rise. However, free online colleges that provide free online degrees assist in reducing the stress related to the price of higher education. For specific student populations, reputable, recognized, and highly ranked schools now provide tuition-free education. Some higher education institutions even provide choices that are tuition-free for everyone, regardless of race, gender, or financial need.
Free online classes are a terrific method to improve your work prospects since they add a bit extra to your resume, make for interesting conversation in interviews, and are a fun way to pass the time.
It might be difficult to choose which established higher education school to enroll in now that so many do offer free online courses.
Just a handful of the most well-liked free online courses from some of the top universities in the world have been compiled by us.
A broad variety of free online courses are available from the highly recognized higher education institutions shown below. Students in these courses often get unlimited access to the course materials, allowing them to study at their own speed. Despite the fact that many of these free courses do not grant credit, in a few cases students are offered the chance to do so in exchange for a nominal charge in the form of a diploma or completion certificate. Students who are interested in getting a degree, however, should establish transferability and acceptance towards an academic degree before choosing a certification or certificate.
15 Best Free Online Universities 2022
- Carnegie Mellon University:The Open Learning Initiative project website of Carnegie Mellon University has a number of free online courses. The courses are made up of units and modules of lessons, but there are no instructors and no assessments. Upon successful completion of any of these courses, no college credit is awarded. Computer science, biological sciences, the arts and humanities, math, technology, languages, and social sciences are among the topics covered. Within these disciplines, the following courses are available:
- Python’s basics of computation
- Technical Statistics
- Basic Chemistry 1
- Ecological Technology
- Overview of Psychology
- Alice Lloyd College: Tuition-free online degrees and courses are available from Alice Lloyd College, one of the 15 best free online universities on the list. Alice Lloyd is a four-year, Christian liberal arts institution in Kentucky that is committed to giving students in and around the Appalachian area educational opportunity. Business management, liberal arts, sociology, sports, and fitness degrees are all available to students, and they may all be obtained online. Alice Lloyd offers to offer tuition-free education to kids who reside in specific Central Appalachian counties. Some students receive free tuition, however those who live on campus can have room and board costs. To help with expenditures, grants (state and federal) and work-study opportunities are available.
Also Read: 10 nursing schools with the easiest admission requirements
- Harvard University:Harvard University allows you to experience an Ivy League education for free by providing more than 600 free online courses. Just a handful of their courses that you might like are listed below:
Learners get access to a wide range of courses through Harvard Online that are based on international knowledge and research. Curated course series expand learning possibilities by bringing together professors and disciplines from throughout the university.
Each course was created by the Vice Provost for Learning Advances at Harvard (VPAL). By finding novel approaches to enhancing learners’ competence, curiosity, and confidence on our campuses and throughout the globe, VPAL aims to change the future of education. As we build tools, technologies, platforms, and policies to lessen friction across the learning lifecycle, we also promote inspirational ideas, connect a worldwide community of learners, and create engaging and scalable learning experiences.
- Berea College: A private liberal arts college, Berea College provides courses and degrees in almost thirty different subject areas. Due to its pledge to charge no tuition to all registered students, Berea is recognized as one of the 15 best free online universities on the list. The Tuition Promise Scholarship makes it clear that no enrolled student will have to pay tuition. Instead, housing, meals, and tuition cost Berea students on average $1,000.
Additionally, the institution provides financial aid for textbooks, substantially reducing expenditures. Because of Berea’s dedication to debt-free education, students can achieve degrees without applying for loans or accruing debt. When compared to national averages, Berea graduates have minimal or no debt. Berea is a well-regarded, fully recognized Christian institution.
- University of California – Berkeley:Through the edX online course platform, Berkeley provides a wide variety of courses in many different subject areas and it is one of the 15 best free online universities. There are often no tests or homework requirements because classes are delivered through podcast or webcast. An instructor-signed certificate of completion is available for $200–250 once the course is finished. Free online resources provided by Berkeley include:
- Analytics for marketing
- Writing for Academics and Businesses
- Bitcoin and other digital money
- Data Science Foundations
- Quantum Computation and Quantum Mechanics
- College of the Ozarks: One of the 15 best free online universities on the list is the College of the Ozarks. Due to the school’s substantial endowment, full-time students have the chance to graduate debt-free owing to scholarships, fellowships, and several work-study opportunities. Students labor on campus at jobs supplied by the college as part of the institution’s debt-free purpose, but no money is passed between the employee (the student) and the employer (the college).
In its place, students are compensated with free tuition. Students enrolled full-time are expected to work 15 hours per week while in class and two forty-hour weeks off per year. U.S. News and World Report ranks and accredits the College of the Ozarks. World Report and News.
- Georgia Institute of Technology:The Georgia Institution of Technology is a public research university and institute of technology located in Atlanta, Georgia. Georgia Tech is also known as Tech in the state of Georgia. It includes satellite campuses in Savannah, Georgia; Metz, France; Shenzhen, China; and Singapore and is a member of the University System of Georgia.
In 1885, the Georgia School of Technology was established as part of Reconstruction efforts to develop an industrial economy in the Southern United States following the American Civil War. It initially exclusively provided a mechanical engineering degree. In 1901, electrical, civil, and chemical engineering were now part of its curriculum. To symbolize its transformation from a trade school to a larger, more competent technical institute and research university, the school changed its name in 1948. With a focus on science and technology, Georgia Tech is currently divided into six colleges and includes roughly 31 departments and groups. It is highly known for its degree programs in business, engineering, and computer science and one of the 15 best free online Universities.
Student and alumni life includes structured and intramural student athletics. Georgia Tech has remained in the national limelight thanks in part to its highly competitive sports teams, the four-time football national champion Yellow Jackets, and the internationally renowned fight song “Ramblin’ Wreck from Georgia Tech.” Eight men’s teams and seven women’s teams representing Georgia Tech participate in NCAA Division I athletics and the Football Bowl Subdivision. The Atlantic Coast Conference’s Coastal Division includes Georgia Tech as a member.
Fundamentals of Probability
- University of Missouri: One of the 15 best free online university is the University of Missouri, which provides a number of automatic scholarships. The MU Annual Scholarship application must be used by students to submit their applications. The scholarship program covers tuition, board, certain fees, and textbooks in addition to tuition. There are several more scholarships available for non-resident students.
The Mark Twain Nonresident Scholarship, for instance, provides a complete remission for tuition, lodging, and board, which is worth about $15,838. To be eligible, applicants must fulfill a number of requirements. Satisfactory ACT scores of at least 30 or a SAT score of at least 1360 are required. Due to its many online programs and prospects for scholarships that result in free tuition, the University of Missouri takes the top place in our ranking.
- Python Data Structures
- Introduction to Continuum Physics
- Anatomy: Human Neuroanatomy
- Social Work: Research
- Community Engagement: Collaborating for Change
Universities and colleges have developed degree programs with free tuition fees. Remember that even if the school may not charge tuition, there may be other expenses such as those for applications, tests, evaluations, and more. For people who satisfy certain requirements or work for particular firms, there are options for free higher education. Our advice to you is to take the time to conduct your homework and determine what the term “free” actually implies in terms of a college education before considering a free education.
The rising expense of education prevents many students from enrolling in their ideal courses nowadays. To pay for their education, other students must take on debt. Many graduates are saddened by their student debts, especially when they must begin repaying their student loans as soon as they graduate. However, many students can enroll in other courses in universities that don’t charge tuition.